Hey. You've somehow stumbled upon my blog... Why not journey through some thoughts and explore with me the fascinating poems and articles along the way...

Happy Reading!

Monday, December 31, 2012

An Ode..!


Childish deeds
Laughing carelessly
Unaffected by miseries, 
Happy times
You were beside me through it all
Being naïve, enjoying the youth
You helped me imagine perfection
A key to my freedom
Holding my hand
Nudging me to taste success
Giving me the confidence 
Letting me know that my dreams are not fantasies
That there was a world beyond this
Believing in purity
And friendship
You led me to the reality
Only to open my eyes
Your strictness couldn't dishearten me
As long as you were genuine
Dependable on you
Always as a friend
All along never realizing that there was more
You expressed your feelings like a song
But I just enjoyed the music, ignoring the lyrics
Gullible, innocent or maybe just trusting
Finally getting hit by another reality
Falling for the real thing
Turning to you to share the joy
Only to realise that you no longer held my hand
as it was the lyrics of some other song that I heard,
You left me to face it all alone
For the better or for worse I didn't know.
An ode to you now,
For letting me see the truth
And not the idealism
Disappearing, perhaps, for my own good.



No comments:

Post a Comment